YOU WILL BE SORRY!
And if "friends" were really friends, they
would never even tell you about such things
let alone bring samples!
Alas, the damage has been done...We not only
saw these monstrous little thigh-makers!
We ate them!!! **Sigh** and then in a
complete lapse of sanity, we made them too!
So, here's the recipe, that you
might experience the danger...
and delight, that is the...
- 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
- How to How to Easily Dip Truffles
- Place truffle ball in melted chocolate to coat; roll if necessary. Lift truffle from chocolate using 2 forks (this will allow excess chocolate to run off) before placing on wax paper.
Be sure to stop by GOLLUM'S for
more dangerous delights!