July 25, 2009

Hallelujah!

Ok...that might be a tad dramatic, but
wooooohooooooooooooo am I happy!!!
As you may recall, in a previous POST
I lamented my laziness and how it had caused
the rusty ruination of many of my dishes!



Ewwww!


Now, you all had some great suggestions...
alas, I could not find any of the products
you recommended! It's like cold war Soviet
Union around here with the rationing of
cleaning products!






ICK!


But part of the problem is that I am a
major dork! I had it in my head that
Bar Keep's Friend was some sort of a
paste...so I was looking for it in the
wrong place!




Revolting!


But today, as I reached for the Comet
(to handle some of my more mundane
cleansing needs) I saw it! Right there!
Before my doofus eyes!




Vile!!!


All I had to do was put a dab of water
on the rust and a bit of the miracle
powder, and with the first rub the stain
began to disappear! That simple!



Holy cow!!!!!!



Look at that!




Sweet mother of pearl!



Bar Keep's Friend is completely
amazing! So, now I can go back to
being disgustingly lazy and just fix
my boo boos later!! ;)

Seriously though, if you don't have this
stuff under your kitchen sink you are
making your life a whole lot harder than
it has to be!!!

18 comments:

  1. I'm going to get me some of that. I have some "rusty" dishes, too.
    Thanks!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I wouldn't have known where to look either, but wow, I am definitely going to check this product out. Thanks for the great tip.
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! what a difference that made!!! thanks for the tip:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I just bought this recently for another purpose. I had no idea it would get stains from dishes!! I have to try it!! Thanks!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stain removal...it's a wonderful thing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that stuff is amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy, I will be getting some of that! So glad it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I wonder if we have it here? I need that, my dishwasher sometimes leaves those orange marks, I didn't know they were rust? Ha, thanks, I see if I can find me some of that magic potion!!! I may have to do a swap if I can't find it!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  9. yippee.. all gone the rusty dishes... and seriously.. I love your dishes! just lovely! happy PS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had the Grands for a few days so I am a day late and a dollar short for Pink Saturday! We just had so much fun and time got away from me☺

    But, I didn't want to miss all the pinkness that brings sunshine to my weekend. And, another cool, sun-less day. My gardens look horrible this year. Nothing is growing...sigh.

    What a GREAT hint! This I will NOT forget☺

    So, your sweet blog post is cheering me up! Thanks so much for giving me something pretty to look at other than the dark clouds outside my kitchen window.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey M!
    I have been having the biggest time catching up on your blog posts! Everythings so beautiful...so inspiring. I am so glad that the rust is gone gone from your pretty vintage dishes! Whew! Thanks for the tips on that amazing cleaner. I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Big Hugs,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just recently discovered this magical product myself! Glad it worked on your beautiful dishes!

    xoxo
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. That'll be in my cupboard shortly! TY for the tip ... TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! I'll try it1 I'm happy for you, M!

    Sweet Mother of pearl.... Ha! Never heard that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  15. COMET has been around for ever...now we all know why...gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi M... STILL making the rounds as best I can for Pink Saturday! I have never heard of this product before. Are you saying you found it near the comet at the store? I will be looking for it myself next time I go! I have to say, too, how much I LOVE your "trashy" table in your more recent post!! Beautiful!! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to try something like this myself! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. not only do i like a simple cleaning tip but a good sponge bob reference is pretty good, too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}