July 2, 2009

The Good Kind Of Crepe...

There comes a certain time in a woman's life
when the mere mention of the word "crepe"
strikes terror in her heart...crepey skin...crepey
neck...gobble, gobble and all that.



But, thankfully, that is not the "crepe" I'm
talking about...this is the good kind of crepe...
crepe paper!!!!



I have been seeing crepey creations all over,
cute as a button, so I decided to try my hand at
a few.




This was the first one I made and I kind of
"micro" pleated it and consequently, used
about 17 feet of paper!




Next I made this banner and found out
the loosely pleating and sort of "ruffling"
is a better look....and it's also easier to
control since it won't unravel so easily...





And who knew that their there were different
textures of crepe paper? Not me!
But there are...maybe each roll is a bit different?






But after I got the hang of it, I think this turned out
kinda cute (although I messed up the "t's" and the
sequence of the colors!)





I have to say, these little rosettes are pretty fun to make
and a bit addicting and boy do I have plans for MANY
more!!

Hurry over to Kelli's for more
SHOW & TELL FRIDAY
BEVERLY'S for PINK SATURDAY !!

24 comments:

  1. Very cute! And no one would notice the sequence of the colors -- random always works for me! Very nicely done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sign is very pretty ;) Great job!

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty banner.. i love the colours.. so sweet and summery.. and cute as button! happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try those some day! I actually like the soft ruffling better than the pleating. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet, and oh so very colorful. I can see why they'd be addictive.

    My show n tell is petrified wood I found in our yard...I think. Come see what you think, your opinion is greatly valued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your signage is very beautiful. After all, you put an effort to create them. I love the rossette too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on that banner. I have to try making one too. How did you make the letters? Are they stamps?
    I just started my own blog, so come by for a visit!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I really wouldn't have noticed the t's if you hadn't pointed it out! hehe Looks like something I would do!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that pink. I like the look of the soft ruffling too.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! I've had a crepe fascination recently too! It's so dainty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA! yes thats the only type of crepe I like too, or that lovely french dish to eat yum. Lovely crepe creations!!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it...coming back to peek around some more! Happy RWB and Pink to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very very pretty!

    (and, LOL, yes, crepe paper comes in different textures)

    your mistake with the "t's" sounds like something I would do.

    great minds, and all that!


    HaPpY PiNk SaTuRdAy FoUrTh Of JuLy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've gotten lost in your beautiful blog!

    Happy day!
    Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh, i can see you having fun here!...so great to just let go and be a kid again..making paper rosettes! lol! just wonderful..pretty too..
    gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, these are CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! Now, you've got me thinking that I need to make some. They are very shiny objects for a magpie! ;-)

    Happy Pink Saturday Fourth to you...

    XO,

    Sheila... who didn't notice you got the colors out of sequence if you hadn't told us! Still looks festive as can be! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty banner! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great banner! Happy PS and 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  19. very pretty! is that just regular party-store crepe paper?

    your post today was very thought-provoking and important.

    hope you are having a lovely 4th in the OC!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Crepe papers are so delicate and very pretty in all it's colors :-) I remember wrapping a small tree with it and added some flowers made of same paper - it was a school project way way back LoL

    Happy Pink Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you did a great job. I love these.

    Happy Pink Saturday. I hope you are enjoying your Fourth of July weekend. Your tribute post was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}