June 3, 2009

The Risks Of $2.95 Shipping!!

"I am not an angel, I only play one on tv!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I won't lie...the lure of $2.95 shipping from
Overstock sometimes makes me buy things
that I don't necessarily need. COME ON!
Just to be able to say, "I only paid $2.95
shipping for this bed, this vacuum & this
humidifier!! And NO sales tax!!"
I'd LOVE to say that! (Ok, maybe not the
humidifier...)

Well, I had grown tired of the quilts that I had
over my wing backs so bought some neutral damask
covers, only to discover the risks of super cheap
shipping...my new slipcovers were infested with
vermin!



I mean look at that! It has a tail and everything!



...and feet!


...feet AND a tail!
(what? like you don't shove, I mean "store"
stacks of old magazines under your chairs???! ;)





Well, my "vermin" think it's the bomb since it
came with it's own toys attached and everything!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Addendum~~

They were just as "helpful" with the new look
I was trying out on the new sofa...


Double my fun!



All the world's a fort!



Oh, you wanted to sit here, mom?


I just know Jimmy Hoffa is in here somewhere!
(with my sofa...he very well could be! ;)

Now go snuggle your "vermin"!!!!

21 comments:

  1. That was totally hilarious....What a great post.

    Smiles,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. Thanks for my afternoon chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!!! My vermin went missing last week, he has been gone for over 10 days now, and ho boy do I miss his antics!!!! Wish he came back and DID those things again :)

    Go and give your vermin a cuddle from me and ask them if THEY know where my Elvis is, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got me for a split second there! Ha!

    No I don't shove mags under my chair because that's where the dust bunnies go! Hee-hee! The mags go in a cool basket beside my chair. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha very sweet and funny!! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about the shipping for overstock! I told hubby that he just laughed at me and said umm no... lol Come on over to my blog and check out the swap I am hosting! Its going to be super duper fun!
    only taking 8 more girls! so dont wait!!
    http://gypsymermaidlife.blogspot.com/2009/05/majestic-sea-swap.html

    big mermaid hugs
    toodles-
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA! I love your kitties! I miss mine I can't wait to go home now. What silly little kitties.

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  8. What!!! Those vermin arrived in your package unharmed? amazing!! I would have thought they would be starved and verrrry thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny!!! Great post and your kitties are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You crack me up! Love the 'helpful' kitties! I shove magazines everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am having a crappy day at work with problem after problem and I take a break and read this post and am ROFLMAO!!!!! This was great! Thank you!!!

    And I buy stuff from Overstock I don't need because I also cannot resist $2.95 shipping! What a marketing tool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! Your kitties are great! DO they know they are stars?
    Hugs,Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY GOSH THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY, OUR FURBABY VERMIN LOVES TO CHECK OUT EVERYTHING NEW THAT COMES IN THIS HOUSE. THANKS FOR THE GREAT POST.
    HUGS
    JANET

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! I also got one of those vermin... about 15 years ago. I've learned to live with his antics after all these years. He still plays with danglies too. (: Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So funny and such pretty coverings. Thanks for making me smile. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have quite the cutie there!! I bet she's wonderfully entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The whole thing is so true. overstock is evil that way! and everytime I try to do ANYTHING like put a slipcover on, make a bed, fold laundry...I have a helper.... Great post!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is soooo funny! Kitty babies just LOVE new stuff...especially the boxes it comes in! Max has this little thing he does where when he wants to play he dives underneath my desk chair (which is fabric to the floor) and attacks my feet until I play with him in his hidden fort. :-) Love this post! Susan

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}