June 1, 2009

Picture This...






I have been eyeing the picture frame wreath
for a while now. I really don't have any need for it,
yet it taunts me...and the more it gets marked down...
the louder the taunting gets and still, I resist. (a will of
iron, I tell you!)




Well, a friend of Kae's passed these little frames
along to her stating, "they really aren't me"...(ewww,
I think that friendship needs a little looking into! ;)
And Kae passed them along to me because, well,
she knows I am a scavenger!

...and a little light went on...



so I got my trusty 'ol urn...






...a smattering of ribbon (I know "smattering"
isn't really the right word, but I just like it)


...and like most of you, I usually have some kind
of wreath around, patiently waiting in the wings
for it's transformation day...




So, I attached...




...and draped..





...and fiddled with things until I had this...





Not exactly the same, but a passable and
pretty-much-free imitation that will
suit me just fine!

21 comments:

  1. I adore these little frames. So cute what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetness, yours is wayyyyyy better in my opinion...it's so beautiful...you're a clever chookie :)
    Hugs
    Melly:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! You have such a creative mind!!! Ha ha, I love when people give me things and I make something so great from it!!! They probably would want the frames back now!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so nice. these little frames are so nice.
    Hugs
    Özlem

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely and creative way you found to use these frames!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Itty bitty white frames? Eeek! Yes! I like your wreath much better than the other! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must prefer yours! It's more imaginative, more original - and prettier!

    I love the word 'smattering' - it's not a real word, it should be!

    I just looked it up - it is a word! Use and feel superior in your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photographs. So beautiful and personalised, i adore blogs like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea! You recreated it so well! I love the ribbon running through it :)

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really Lovely! Love the wreath!
    Hugs,Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOOK at you! Great idea! It is gorgeous and so is your blog! Love it!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! I like yours even better than the original one you were "eyeing!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a fantastic job and I like yours much better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like yours on the topiary better anyway, way to go!
    Cute!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh! I loved the first wreath with the black frames until I scrolled down and saw yours with the white frames! It's absolutely lovely! I want one! Hmmmmm, I'll have to see what I have around here .... I'm sure I can come up with something!

    Have a lovely week!
    Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic - what a great idea! I looks lovely. I may steal this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great - you did a good job!
    I should be so creative.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I like your wreath idea much better. Why aren't you in a magazine somewhere? Your pictures sure are worthy. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}