June 14, 2009

It's In The Bag...Uh, I Mean ON The Bag!

Once again, I bring you the lighter side of
Met Monday...not so much the closet morphed
into a solarium or the match sticks morphed
into a mantel...more like cookie dough morphed
into a cookie...probably more like the stick of
gum morphed into a gum wad! ;)
So, away we go...
The little pink gift bag above is perfectly fine,
IF you knew someone who was having a baby
girl (and since my niece refuses to find out the
sex of her baby...your guess is as good a mine!)
But I wasn't going to let that stand in my way!
So, I gave this little bag a makeover...well, a
few makeovers!



Naturally, my first inclination was the glittery
shell!



But I have to admit, I really like the simple look
of the white shell (I must be coming down with
something!)





A tiny sparkly frame...



A crown tag...works for a "princess" of any age!




For that special friend...a vintage broach!




I don't really think I know anyone I like enough
to give this pin! But it looks great! (You might
not be as selfish as me though!! ;)



Simplicity again...an initial clipped on with a
tiny clothes pin (I love them! I would wear them
if I could, I just haven't figured out how!)




A vintage flower...this one matches perfectly too!
One flower...one blob of glue...and GORGEOUS!




Yah, this is a bit "over the top", but come
on, it's me you're talking to! You'd have to
use a really light weight frame like this one
so the handles won't rip off, because...you
know...that would be bad.


Any bag can be very easily transformed to
change the theme or, better yet, to save $$!
I only used tchotchkies that I had lying around!

Cheaper still...is buying plain, unadorned
bags and adding your own fun to them for
a specific occasion or person!


Would this be cute for Easter, First Communion,
a Tea party treat??? Great way to use those spare
gloves whose matchers are off gallivanting somewhere
with your missing socks!)





Simply sweet...wedding, anniversary, Valentines...






I really love this look.



Just glue on stuff that's lying around to make
a statement.



This says, "ME!"




This looks so cute, but it's also a fun little
treat of several yards of seam binding!




Whimsical?
I love little birds & bird cages!

So, save money and time and give your
friends or family a gift bag that fits them
to a tee!


Be sure to visit our hostess, Susan @
BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH
for more Met Monday!!!

30 comments:

  1. Love them all! Presentation is almost as important as the gift itself in my book! ;) Very cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...love all of your "ideas"...pretty inspirational...

    ReplyDelete
  3. One bag, millions of possibilities! You've got me wishing I can run to Michael's and or Jo-Ann's and start grabbing stuff! LOL

    But in reality, Sunday is family-God-no-shopping-day and I have a bum leg. Great post!

    I'll start looking around in my stash to see what I can come up with. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little touches that make a difference! Each is sopretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the looks, you are so creative!!!
    Any gift decorated that beautifully would look good in my hands!!!! Hehe!!! Your ideas are so fabulous, thanks for sharing them!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  6. With a great bag like that, who would want the gift? lol
    Thanks for all the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cool bags! You always have the most fun pictures!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your bag 'dos' are wonderful! I guess I'm selfish too, I'd have a hard time giving away that adorable crown pin! You do great bags!! Now, what's inside? ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought the same Christmas stocking just so I could have the crown pin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all so creative! I can't say which I like the best. Great ideas, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love the white spoon and pink birdcage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great ideas!!!

    I have a ton of those glossy white gift bags at the store. =0)
    (of course i also have bunch of projects already going on!!)

    Oh, I have my bowl of buckles!!!

    Don't get me started.

    hugs and blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are full of the best ideas! I had several favorites. I have so many of the plain bags that I have saved from shopping adventures. I think I'll have to come up with a reason to give someone a gift.
    Smiles,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Nancy, Great Post.. I really enjoyed it! Tedi www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Closet morphed into a solarium" Ha-ha! I love your sense of humor, M!

    Great gift bag ideas! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so loving those bags. How cute. Just love adding all kinds of "extra" pretties in unexpected places. Great minds think alike. Happy Monday.

    xo Cath

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, you are so creative....I love them all. The possibilities.....isn't that the magic, after all?

    Wonderful.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay.. I now dub thee Queen of Gift Bag Theme! They are all great transformations. Beautiful creative mind you have!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what great ideas for gift wrapping. You are just so creative. I loved looking at them all.
    Have a great day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my - what fabulous bags! What a way to turn an ordinary, plain jane bag into something too good to give away! hee hee. Thank you for the great inspiration.

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will never give a plain gift bag again! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All so beautiful and creative...I guess I'm selfish too, I wouldn't part with that crown pin either.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi,,, I love what you have done with the gift bags. Thanks for the inspiration. Oh and by the way, I would not given the crown broach either! lol
    Have a pretty week,,, gail

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well all of them are great...I like the plain shell the best!

    ReplyDelete
  25. HOLY CATS BATMAN...I think you have some great stuff sitting around your craft room :)
    Enjoyed the creations.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! You just gave me so many great ideas for making my own bags! I will never think twice about decorating my own bag now! My favorite was the glove and hankie one :) I love hankies!

    All the best,
    Allion

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very adorable, so many different looks! Fun,fun fun! :O) Mary @Boogieboard Cottage

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}