June 15, 2009

Hey, Jute

Ok...this is a blatant copy-cat!
I saw it on a blog this weekend but
I can't remember where...if it was you
let me know!
Luckily, she was copying too, so I might
not end up up in jail! ;)




She had seen pricey, chic bottles topped with
shells, coral , etc. Apparently, I don't get out much
since I had never seen them, but I liked the idea
and juuuuuust happened to have some vintage
bottles, so I thought I'd give it a go!



Since Mr. Starfish has a wonky leg, so he was never
going to be much good for anything...









until he fulfilled his destiny as a bottle stopper!
(naturally, he had to be glittered up first!)





The empty bottles were too boring so I put
a bit of sand in one & glitter in the other...





I used high/low hot glue so that it would pop off
easily when another whim strikes me and I want
to re-use these bottles. Alas, it made the winding
and gluing process kind of a pain!



But, all in all...




they turned out kinda cute.




I need to practice my technique, that's
for sure...








but I think the sisters might just be interested
in one or two. ;)

21 comments:

  1. Great idea! I have seen those soldered bottles with the shells and they are ridiculously over priced. Yours is much cuter!

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea. I am going to have to make one of those for my sea room that I am working on.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not kinda cute...SERIOUSLY cute!!! Can I be Your sister!!!! Ha! It wasn't me you copied from but It'll be me who copies from you!!!I love those!!!!!! I've got a couple of Grandaughters coming for a few days and I know they would love this project... Thanks for sharing, xoxo~Kathy@ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I have a nice old Beatles tune flowing through my brain. ☺ I like the little shell bottle best cuz I love little things. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh beautiful. So clever!

    P.s. it wasnt me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feedsack FantasyJune 16, 2009 at 5:25 AM

    Love the combos. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, jute - indeed LOL

    these are quite nice ... I like the starfish especially - it looks like a star is on top of the bottle.

    d'uh, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great!

    I tried covering a vase in jute but it didn't turn out very well. I think the vase was to large and the jute was too skinny.

    I love the glittered starfish :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really, really cute with the starfish all glittery.
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Enjoy the rest of your day!!
    Hugs, Nerina :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great. I too have seen these in several different places and they really are way over priced. Great job!

    LuLu~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very cute idea! Love it! :) Come on, no one really comes up with something COMPLETELY original! We're all inspired from someone or something we've seen...even if it's from nature!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always have the most fabulous ideas! If you end up in jail I'll come visit you and bring you crafting supplies!

    I'm doing a French Limoges giveaway, please stop by and enter...I think you might like!

    Hugs,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute idea. Love that second one!!

    Blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colour of the glitter used. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so darn cute!
    Glitter...sigh...

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. okay ... GASP!!! this is beautiful, simple, brilliant! i love it, love it, love it.

    for your sea stars do you simply give them a covering of mod podge and glitter? they are stunning.

    your new fan,
    elyse

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. ps

    don't you love how jute and twine offset anything from becoming too cute? i love that.

    okay, i will conclude my gushfest.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are so pretty. Makes you think about what else could be used for a bottle stopper!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}