June 2, 2009

Fit For A Sweat Pea...

I love this shot! I love taking this picture
whenever I am in Kae's backyard and it's
a challenge...I never really let you see
outside my lines because, well,
beyond this frame, there is lawn ...and dirt. ;)
Or at least that's all there had been...until
recently 'cuz Kae got busy! To the left of the
shot above now looks like this...



Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....sweat peas!
She just loves them!!



And woe betide any grasshopper who would
dare to nibble, for he will be greeted with the
steely snip of her nippers! She is a mercenary
when it comes to gardening!


But wait, there's more...



a wonderous fountain with loves birds (hopeless
romantic secretly pining for Mr. Darcy?...you didn't
hear it from me! ;) and all manner of freshly
planted beauties!




...a heart cobbled path...






Mr. Finch approves!


Kae was so inspired by all this loveliness
that she captured some really cool pictures!




I love this!





and this!




this too!






Be not alarmed, this mammoth whiskered beast
does not freely roam the yard...in fact the outside,
with it's grass and all, makes him a bit of a fraidy
cat!



Treat yourself to a visit at Susan's for
more OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY !




16 comments:

  1. As usual, a very delightful post! And those sweet peas... well, they are SWEET! Love them!

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pics! Thanks so much!
    Hugs,Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love your kitty! Great photos. That fountain is really neat! And I love the gazebo! I've always wanted one.

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Outdoor Wednesday! I love the gazebo and fountain....a beautiful yard! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweet peas are lovely!!! Oh I wish we could smell them too! That is a beautiful gazebo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, M!

    Oh! I luvs sweet peas! that little vase of them is so... SWEET! I planted some here but they didn't take for some reason.

    I would love to have a fountain- not for Darcy's sake ☺ but for the SOUND! I love the sound of bubling water!

    That fraidy boy cat is my pouch babies twin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! I love the gazebo.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures and the fountain is gorgeous! Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh... sweet peas, and with them the scent of tendrils climbing up the fence that enclosed my grandmother's garden... never complete without them! I love your garden... and your kitty. (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post. The yard is beautiful as are your pictures. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet peas are so delicate, I really adore them. Your blog is so crisp and lovely! Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great yard!

    I enjoyed the tour

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kae's backyard is wonderful and so inviting. I love the gum leaves Mr. Finch is muching on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sweet peas are such sweet flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful gazebo and your fountain I just love it. Great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet peas, my very favorite flower. The first thing I planted from seed when I moved back into the cottage. I'll see them in the spring.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}