June 7, 2009

Deck The Halls With Shells & Summer!

I thought this was just the cutest little sign!
I loved the sentiment...



the details of the frame...




and even though I do like the very Christmasy,
Victorian, almost Who-ville look of it...yes even
the black...I knew that as soon as I got my hands
on it...



...it would look like this in no time! ;)
It's too cute to be relegated to display
for just a couple months of the year!



So, obviously, I painted the frame first...




Changed out the ribbon for tulle (if tulle is ever
rationed or outlawed due to global warming, you
will surely see my face in ever post office as public
enemy #1...the illegal underground tulle-runner!)



Shells take the place of holly.



To my mind, a pretty pleasing combination.




A light & airy year-round change.


There are more changes in store
for you when you visit Susan @
BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH
for Met Monday!!

28 comments:

  1. I like you version much better! It's perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea replacing the holly with shells!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how sweet! I love this! You have great vision, Dear One! I love the white painted frame and those shells just make it totally perfect!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I believe...that this is just TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good idea! It's so much nicer now that you can enjoy it all year. I especially love the saying! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! That is perfect! I want one! Perfect sentiment too. You have such a flair and a good eye to change things. Wish I could be more like that. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The transformation is perfect... "I do believe"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Now you can use it all the time!
    Hugs,Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I love it..........Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so clever! That looks great. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely transformation! So chic and perfect for all year 'round! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. * How absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! *

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty makeover! That is a great idea with the shells. I agree we need to believe all year long!
    Have a wonderful day!
    ~Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love your version. So much more versatile and so very pretty! Hugs ~cindy s~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yeah...... "M" knows how to make it marvelous..... You have begun to "M" my house...... I am using shells every where... ; - )
    I even did a Yarrd Conservatory with shells..... made shell chandy for it..... lol
    HUgs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the make over better.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a charming re-do!!! I love it!!! So cute to add the shells!!!

    Enjoy!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic transformation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree...I like your version much better!!!


    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are too funny! I will now snicker every time I see tulle. The plaque turned out too cute. I love the glitter on the shells.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I BELIEVE you did a great job, I really like the shells!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW...you are so creative...awesome I will rethink so many items now!!!
    Love it, I will follow you and be back often!!
    Enjoy the rest of your day!!
    Hugs Nerina :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, you are clever. I would never have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the sign make-over! So pretty.

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacalsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}