May 29, 2009

She Liked The Pink Ones...

And who among us has not uttered those very
words??! But that is actually the name of the
charming painting above by fab artist, Janet
Hill of Janet Hill Studio .
That dress & gloves just scream Sandra Dee to me!





And doesn't Her Best Pink Suit bring Audrey to
mind????

Yes, Janet does have a predilection for the
preponderance of perfect pink that we readily
prefer...




I'd snap up those chairs in a New York minute...
and eat that pink cake on my way out the door!





HELLO!!! A pink claw foot tub!!! How cute is that!!


But Janet does actually stray from the world of pink,
into red-walled rooms, blue & white china hutches,
Scandinavian styled rooms, Victorian, Regency, Cottage
and beyond!
Every room she paints you wish you could step right into!
Like the chalk drawings in Mary Poppins...




This picture, called The Conservatory, made me think that
Janet had possibly visited the Bennet's at Longbourn a time
or two...could she be a kindred spirit?




Then I came across Austen Dresses, and I knew she was!
("came across", who am I trying to kid! Once I started,
I didn't stop until I had looked at every painting she has
posted on her blog!)




I love her titles too! She Always Traveled With Her Instamatic...
look at those hat boxes!



Rosewater...Oh, to have this bathroom and to
fit into a camisole that small!!! ;)



The Chartreuse Purse...
look at the mirror and hutch!
And the shoes underneath!
Shoes are another recurring theme
in Janet's work...



Heels...





Bows On Her Toes...
I just love this one!


Give yourself a huge treat and spend some
time perusing Janet's blog & Etsy shop!
You will be so glad you did!


And spend hours & hours visiting our
hostess, Beverly ***CELEBRATING ONE
YEAR OF PINK SATURDAYS!!!!!!** and
all the other PINKIES celebrating with her!!!

34 comments:

  1. OH MY!! Thanks for sharing these they are all lovely!!!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am in love - off to check her out now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this pearl of elegance!Love all Janet painting!
    I'm crazy for '60th American commedies and all detail remind me to those...
    Hugs,
    Mila :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post idea. Wish I could be her and have all of her fabulous things. Happy Pink Saturday and have a loveleigh weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun paintings - I'm going to check out if they're biographical or wishful thinking!

    HapPy PiNk SaTuRdAy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With our little PINK SATURDAY having a birthday this week, I am on "pink overload" and that is difficult to do to me! I'm lovin' it like crazy!

    What lovely pinks this week you have, my dear. The better to see your through my rose colored glasses!☺

    Have a great weekend. Not all that warm up in my neck of the woods but the sun is out and that makes the day good. I hope you are surrounded by those you love and that you, too, are bathed in sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. always love Janet Hill's painting.. the still life look so real.. one fine day, who knows I might be able to get one of her originals.. happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Pink Saturday!

    Are these oil paintings?

    They are fabulous!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the claw foot tubs but never have I seen a Pink one. Excellent post. Happy Pink Saturday!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderul and fun post post. Happy Pink Saturday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! That is some major pink cuteness! I loved all of the paintings, and I'm with you... from the bows on the toes to the pink cake and chairs... I love each painting! Thanks for letting us know about this. I'm officially hooked on them now. LOL!

    Happy Pink Saturday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. those are lovely paintings :-)

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janets work is very pretty indeed, thankyou for sharing it with us today, happy pink saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love these...her art is amazing..love your sweet blog ..filled with so many beautiful inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found some of your chintz posts today...what fun to see your collection. Maybe when I finish preparing presentations, I will photograph my collection and add to my blog. Although I love the shabby chic look, my style is more shabby traditional!! Love all your beautiful photos and witty comments.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute! I have loved looking at these pictures thanks for the heads up :)

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! Those were some fabulous pinks! Loved 'em...especially the pink tub! Wouldn't that be a dream?

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like these paintings - I am so grateful you posted them! Now I'm off to her blog!

    Love the "pink suit" one - specially.

    Have a great Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! Enjoyed visiting you! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic paintings!are so cute!
    I am interior designer and I love to made interior art too.
    Happy Pink Saturday!!!!!!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love her paintings! You're right - you want to visit every room she paints! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for introducing these wonderful paintings! Just beautiful! Here's hoping you are enjoying a wonderful PINK Saturday! Thanks for poppin' over to my blog today as well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very beautiful paintings!
    Happy PS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely paintings. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those are very cool paintings! Thanks for sharing this fabulous artist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. So happy to see your post on Janet. She is a talented artist located in the same province as I am. I met Janet through a post she did on me and then of course, I did a post on her.How could I not....she is fabulously talented.
    Enjoyed my vist, you have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely paintings....thanks for sharing these.
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow those are lovely paintings and quite fun too. I enjoyed looking through them. i love the Austen Dresses and everything else LoL

    Thanks for sharing these to us.

    Happy PS!

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  29. I absolutely love ALL of Janet's work. She is so talented. Thanks for visiting me! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful!!

    Such pretty pinkness here!!

    Beautiful post to honor and bless sweet Beverly:)

    Happy pink weekend!
    Stop by for a cupcake:)

    Smiles,
    kayellen

    ReplyDelete
  31. What fantastic paintings...love them all! Oh how I would love to paint like that! Thanks for sharing and I'm off now to check out Janet's Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you for sharing these, and I will DEFINITELY being checking her blog out! Happy Pink Saturday, and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my, I love each and every one.

    Thank you for making Pink Saturdays special.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh dear! These paintings make my little heart go pitter-patter, pitter-patter! I MUST go now and check out her etsy store!

    Have a lovely week!
    Margie :)

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}