May 24, 2009

The Impossible "Thank You"...

Traditionally, in the US, the long
Memorial Day weekend is the start
of the summer...



and we get to do this...



...and this...



because of...



this...





and this...






while never truly feeling the weight of this...






or, God forbid, this...






I am in tears here, just seeing these pictures,
sorry to be so sappy and personal and...yikes...
emotional...so not me... but I am
feeling a bit fired up and
completely non PC, and while I know I
should be saying, "Let's all pray for the
protection and safe return of our brave
soldiers and for the families of those we
have lost"...and I do pray those very words
from the bottom of my heart...but what can
I say the flesh is weak, so I hope you will
forgive me for also saying that I am so
damn proud of all of those VOLUNTEERS
in uniform, who do what 99.999 percent of
us will never have to! GOD BLESS & KEEP
YOU!
And you know what else? I know that I
was so blessed to have been born in
the United States and I am very
proud to be an American!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~








Phewwwwwwwwww! Sorry about that...
I just had to get it out...I have descended
from the soapbox and am now wanting
to share what Bee and her husband (patriotic
can hardly describe this guy!) have been
doing this Memorial week.



This is what the front of Bee's home looks like...
I think there are about 20 flags...it's tasteful, I
promise, most are in these really cool Martha
Stewart holders. Well, every night this week,
Bee & J have been "stealth flaggers"! Under
the cover of darkness they "crupt" (to borrow
a Dr Seuss-ism) and left a package with a flag
and pole, and a note asking their neighbors
if they would please honor our brave soldiers
by flying a flag this Memorial weekend.
And, WOW! Does their street look cool!
The kid across the street even came over to
ask J if he would help him because, "someone
left a flag on our porch, but my dad's not home
and I don't have tools, so would you help me
put it up?"...I think J skipping across the street,
drill in hand, just may have been a dead give-away! ;)


Enjoy & REMEMBER!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

18 comments:

  1. God Bless ALL of us :) America and other countries

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool thing to do in getting your street decorated!

    I agree with Princess of Pink God Bless America and may God bless all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fine tribute!

    Enjoy your holiday, however you choose to spend it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...now you got me crying!

    Yes, we are truly blessed to live in America...my heartfelt thanks to all that so willing serve our great country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful post. i agree with you 100%. thank you for posting this. great photos too. And i LOVE your background today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely beautiful tribute. Well, you had me in tears, too.

    God bless America.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is the "Impossible Thank You".

    Happy Memorial Day...you made me cry...darn you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful, beautiful post! And how cool is that to leave flags for the neighbors so they will hang them and honor our troops! I would love to see a front on picture of your friends house...bet it is awesome! My son was deployed a month ago so I'm feeling VERY emotional about the whole thing and your post helps me to remember that he is not over there in vain. Thank you so much!
    Oh and I stalk your blog regularly....lol...
    Brenda
    pyramid@tctwest.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that your whole blog honors our fallen heroes and those who still serve. They ARE the best! I am proud of them and proud to be an American. We will never forget that they gave us tomorrows to look forward to. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful tribute, thanks for sharing.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a lovely and heartfelt post. Thanks so much for sharing this and the beautiful photos.

    Thank you for visiting my blog and you kind words.
    I always appreciate your visits.

    Have a blessed week.
    ~Warmly, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!! A street team of proud flag families. I bet it looks fantastic. Our flag flys non stop with a spot lite. So thankful to all our brave men and women who gave of themselves to keep us free.
    Your post is wonderful and your words so true. It made me cry too!
    God Bless.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh myyy! i love love love your pics of your stuffff! i wish i can find things like that... im not a good shopper ><;;

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this country and our soldiers from the Revolution to the present! Great patriotic post!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was the MOST beautiful and well put together dedication post I read all day! Thank you for making the effort and sharing if with all of us.

    I love seeing flags fly. I think they look wonderful all year long, but when they come out in force for special holidays they are at their most glorious!

    I hope you had a wonderful Holiday Weekend and Thank You so much for stopping by Loveleigh Treasures, I've been enjoying reading your comments, God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AMEN!!! A very blessed Memorial Day to you! Beautiful post!!

    kari& kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a message.

    What a wonderful tribute this is, and you have me in tears as well. I have reached the point where I believe that being too PC will cost us too much. No need to apologize for being proud of our country. Thank you for this post~

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}