May 31, 2009

Ignorance Is Bliss...

There are some things you just don't need to know...
as they say, "ignorance is bliss"...and sometimes
this ignorance can be a good thing!
Until a few years ago, I had no idea that I loved
Ranch dressing, never gave it a second glance...
then I tried it...mamma mia! Now I will have it
on pizza, taquitos, a slow-moving feline, if I'm
PMS-ing! (TMI? ;) Nowadays, you will generally
find me...a girthier gal and with a little trickle of
Ranch on my chin! See, what did I tell you, there
are just some things you are better off not knowing!




Which brings me to tassels...(didn't see that one
coming, did you?!) For months I have been seeing
these super cute tassels that everyone is making,
selling, touting, and I thought I should try my
hand (Ranch dribbles and all) at making one...
and today, my Muse finally beckoned to me, I
believe her exact words were, "Hey, fatty, get off
the sofa and come over here!" Yah, she is blunt,
but she gets things done! She drew my thoughts
to the delightful, diminutive, darling, demitasse
cup, which, for all it's charms is...completely useless!
What can you drink out of a cup so small? A dose
of NyQuil?



Hmmmm....a plethora or ribbons....






A demitasse cup and ribbons...
A-ha! I had it!


A few minutes later and few hot glue burns
from catching the glue gun on the wrong end
as Mr. Kitty bit the cord and pulled it off the
counter...I had those ribbons wrangled into
some semblance of order...


and VOILA!



My very first demi-tassel (sorry, I just couldn't
help myself!)





I did go a bit froo-froo and girlie, since my niece
is expecting, I have baby girl froo-froo on the
brain!




And it was so darn fun to make that I feel a
whole new line of "demi-tassels" coming on!
See, what Muse started! I will now be up to
my Ranch smeared chin in ribbons and
tiny useless cups until I get this out of my
system! Yeesh! Ah well, it could be worse,
I could have discovered a fondness for making
martinis!

For some real bliss, head on over to
visit Susan, for MET MONDAY



27 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love it!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The demi-tassle is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super creative and gorgeous. Love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! and very creative! jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello here,
    ive been a bad blogger these days,
    My kitchen redo has been taking up my time these days.
    but getting back into the swing of things..
    off to catch up,
    smiles,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tassel is so darn pretty and cute!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha that is fabulous! It is so cute! I think the demitasse is perfect for a tassel. I plan on making some someday but I always forget or put it off LOL.

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tassel! Baby Girl Froo Froo is wonderful!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. * Soooooo sweeeettt!!! Soooo charming!!!*****

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and cute idea, love it!
    And I will have you know that I think of you everytime I see a sea shell!
    Blessings,
    Linda Q

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just adorable! As always, you share such delightful ideas and pictures.

    Charla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Slow moving felines! Ha-ha-ha-ha! You crack me up, girl! ☺

    The tassle is very creative, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. demi tassel, indeed! LOL

    it's lovely - but your tale is so much more so! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your muse put you on the right track...that is just so sweet. Thanks for stopping by my blog...as I am reading yours I see we have a lot in common when it comes to the muse :)
    Have a wonderful day
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cool is that? I loved your funny post too... thanks!
    Have a Happy Week!
    ~Really Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not sure which I like more...your demi-tassel or your sense of humor! Actually both are pretty awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that's thinking outside the box. What a dreamy post. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is just gorgeous. Maybe a giveaway? (shameless hint there)...ya know, nyquil wouldn't taste quite so bad if you use one of those...hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is so pretty and so creative! How do you think these things up? I'd be up all night for something like that, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. good job, yours turned out great!

    I too keep coming across these tassles and wanting to have a go, I did have a try but really I wasn't super pleased with the result

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE it! (And your wit)!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooo! Too girly? Certainly not! I love it! I've never seen a prettier one in all my days. Thanks for sharing such beauty with us. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}