April 9, 2009

PEEP SHOW!!!!!!!!

Ha! Made you look!

I am almost...(I said "almost") embarrassed
to post this after seeing Gollum's tour de
force fabulocity! WOW! What creativity...
and more impressive...actual cooking skills!
That's what I call a nuance though...and you
will find that particular "nuance" missing from
my Foodie Friday "contributions". My culinary
skills will never be up to par, so I will have to
content myself with being Foodie Friday's comic
relief...you can laugh at me...I can take it! ;)



These Peeps are 2 years old...I needed them to
be hard...but I will admit that I was planning
on one year's hardness to be sufficient, but I
forgot about them last year!
(My sister used to...probably still does...put
peeps in a baggie under her mattress and wait
a few months for them to get to juuuuust the
right stage of chewy perfection!)



Peep...rock...no difference!



I had planned to make a Peep topiary
out of them...all glued to a Styrofoam
ball...it looked so cute...2 years ago!
But now I have NO earthly idea where
those topiaries are! So, I improvised a
bit!


And made my own version of a Peep
Tree!







Equal opportunity home...chicks &
bunnies!



Ouch....poor guy!






Isn't this a pretty, springy, Eastery bouquet??!!!




Look a little closer...







Oh, yes I did!





It's a PEEP VASE!
And who doesn't need that????
(to gather dust next to your
Sham-wow!)

Waaaaaaay ridiculous! But I love the
pink & white of it!
And I also cannot wait to get my
hands on some unpetrified Peeps
this Sunday...I LOVE them! YUM!


HURRY over to visit our talented hostess,
GOLLUM for more FABULOUS FOODIE FRIDAY !!!!

16 comments:

  1. You have WAY too much fun at your house!
    When can I stop by?
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no in-between with peeps - you either love em or you hate em. They were never for me, but you have been amazing with your peepy creativity! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, for peep's sake! Aren't you the clever one! Love the peep tree and the peep vase. Very cute!
    I LOVE peeps and I totally agree with your sister...gotta be hard and chewy! I love your blog banner...very creative!
    I'll wish you a Happy Easter even though it looks like you're already having one!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute peep show! ☺ What a great idea to harden them for next year. I guess them have to much sugar in them to mold, huh? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it all!!!! Especially the peep tree.

    I'm here to send my wishes to you, that you have a wonderful, peaceful Easter holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY!! This is the cutest thing ever!!! Such a precious idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter would LOVE this one. She's a Peep fan too. Good job. Every home should enjoy a bit of humor. Your post made me smile.

    Bless you!
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute post! Now off to go eat some peeks! Happy Easter!

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good recycling of Peeps! Enjoy your Easter!
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  10. i agree with lisa, you are having so much fun. This is such an adorable idea, i cant believe the creativity that floats around blogland. I would likely eat them before i had a chance to make anything from them. Have a great weekend!
    hugs
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! All this cuteness and sugary delight is sending my diabetic numbers out of wack. :) Just teasing. I used to love to eat packs and packs of these, but I can't anymore. I do, however, love when my friend eats them and I can smell them on his breath. I know, I'm weird. :) Hoppy Easter! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Love your blog and the Peep tree is very clever! I might have to try that.
    Easter blessings, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who knew peeps could be so versatile!!!

    I prefer chocolate!!!! but it's no where as
    cute when decorating
    BIG smiles, Deena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that is too cute! I have enjoyed all these peep posts I see popping up all over the 'net! I may go tomorrow to get the peeps on sale for next year and make a peep-iary for next year!!! Thanks for the idea, LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes you did! You are so funny and in love with pink peeps!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}