April 16, 2009

A Mary Poppins Moment...


So, here I am for my very first
"Hooked On Friday" and as I
perused previous posts (she
said 3 times fast!) I didn't
identify a particular "theme".




So, I do hope mine will be
appropriate...






...and I also hope you "get"
the Poppins reference???




(I started humming
"A Spoonful Of Sugar" as I was
uploading the pictures...so...I
went with the muse...




...just try to imagine Mary Poppins
saying, "Jane! Michael! Not now, I'm
uploading!")

Sorry! OK! I'm back!



Yes, I am hooked on teaspoons!
Painted, engraved, tarnished...
whatever their condition...I find them
tremendously charming!

Be sure to jump into the chalk
drawing on the sidewalk and visit
our hostess, Julia, for more
HOOKED ON FRIDAY fun!!!

12 comments:

  1. Thank you ,Thank you ,Thank you !
    I needed a Mary Poppins moment.
    I have a lovely ceramic frame of my Nanny's recently painted white.
    Been trying to figure out what to do with the spoons and other assorted nik naks,I shall paint them and play !!!!!!!!
    I love your blog I always get inspired .
    Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee i looove your spoons! And a spoonful of glitter is better than a spoonful of sugar any day hey!

    Have a great weekend hun :)
    xo
    Shann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, thanks for the SUGAR fix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charming post! Love these pretty teaspoons. And now I've got that song from "Mary Poppins" playing in my head. :-)

    Thanks for joining my party this week! Nice to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely spoon photos. Your teacup banner is also very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the pink painted spoons! What a cute idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. give me a spoonful of glitter anyday!

    and I love that pink glittered star - sounds strange, but I think I've only ever seen silver ones!

    our new banner photo is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty, I also love baby spoons. What a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog! Thank you for stopping by! I love spoons too. One of my favorite projects were the spoons that I glued pearls, buttons, etc. on.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, fun post! I love those spoons and I love the reference to Mary Poppins. It's a personal favorite as the movie was released on my birthday many years ago. I now watch it every year on my birthday with my family. Great theme and, again, great post! ~Arleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. How clever! Did you paint the teaspoons yourself? They're lovely.

    Blessings!
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  12. pink spoons?? adorable! i love it!

    I'm just getting around to catching up with everyone. I wanted to say thanks so much for your sweet words about my uncle. It meant a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}