April 7, 2009

For The Birds!



I'm not really a big tureen person...I
mean what the heck would I do with
a tureen??? Soup? They just had never
been a big "boat floater" for me...
until I saw this one at Home Goods...
(isn't Home Goods an evil/magical
place??!!!)


HELLLL-O MY LOVELY!




Does anyone else think this is a bit
Belleek-esque??? I love Belleek!
But that wasn't what sold me!




A little birdie on top!!!! Who can resist
that??? Not me!!! But not even his
beguile-errific charms were the the
clincher!

The Pièce de ( I can no longer) résistance
was the $7.99 price tag! So, smitten, in fact,
that I had to keep convincing myself that
I didn't need all three of them! (I was strong,
I only bought the one!)




It's a perfect match for mother of
pearl buttons...



MFOE! (Made for each other! And, yes,
I have watched Sleepless In Seattle one too
many times!)



Vintage flowers!





Dreamy!





And I just had to give shells a go!
It seems there is nothing that doesn't
look pretty next to it!


After doing this post I want the other
2! I can just see them all in a row with
heart shaped topiaries in them...or the
ubiquitous "bunny on a stick"!




I don't want to be too greedy though!
I can be content with this little guy!


Be sure to visit Melissa @ THE INSPIRED ROOM
for more windows into a BEAUTIFUL LIFE!

19 comments:

  1. OMG! I so want one! Which Home Goods did you find it out. I want to go get one before they are gone. I adore this and have been looking for a soup touren on top of that.

    Please share, where did you find this?

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice one! ... and what a deal!

    I love tureens - I have several, but never use them. I don't really understand what you're supposed to serve in them LOL.

    If I'm just having soup for dinner, there is no way I'm going to haul out a tureen and give myself extra dishes to wash LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you had to have that! Now go back and get the other two - and send me one....I'll forward my address! JK!! LOL!! (I have a teenager) BTW, you should be a photographer - you take the best pix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would SOOO have found that impossible to pass up. Lucky you! What a perfect piece. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my favorite display is with the sea shells! Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...I not a tureen person either, but this one is a treasure. I love each little vignette you put together to show her off.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's darling! You're right. I don't think there's anything that wouldn't look good in that! I do believe you've won the Find of the Week Award!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous tureen, I just love the way you make the vignettes look so interesting!! I absolutely love white, it does look like Irish pottery doesn't it?
    Cheers,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh I love that!!! I think I've seen a teapot like that on another blog! Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my this is gorgeous. I havn't been to Home Goods for a while, but I really do have to go. I love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want one, too! I knew there was a reason I was going into Home Good withdrawals. What a cutie!
    Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a really pretty tureen and at a bargain price. I'm a beach person, so I love the display with the shells. All your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely blog you have here!!! That tureen was really cute!!
    Happy easter from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now see I saw those when I got my Bunnny on the box (pink sat. 4/4) NOW I have to go back!!hahahaha

    Love what you did with it though. Really great! Who needs soup?!

    HUgs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! That soup tureen is absolutely fabulous with that darling birdie on top! Why, one could almost say it is "soup-er"! BWAH-ha-HA-ha-HA-ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Home Goods has the greatest decorating stuff! I love your little guy, I can understand why you wanted three! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's really gorgeous. Love it with the sea shells, and buttons. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh so nice, love it in white, I saw a teapot like it too

    a beautiful life for sure!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous- love all the white.
    You take great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}