April 8, 2009

Easter Gloves...



Do you remember being excited about
getting a new Easter dress...white shoes...
and gloves?




For us it was especially fun to be wearing
something other than a plaid skirt &
white blouse!





I'm sure the gloves came off just as
soon as it was time to eat a chocolate
bunny...or swing on our great grand
parent's clothes line (you can't hang
on with gloves!)



But they sure made you feel like a
princess for a little while...




...and to this day, they still take me
way back and always remind me of
Easter

8 comments:

  1. I saw those pink gloves on your banner and thought they were just the sweetest! I think I need to get some! Stunning post, love all those pic's.
    Best wishes,
    Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful memories you bring back about Easter. My favorite pair were delicate blue. My grandmother had made me a dress with sweet blue flowers. The gloves were a perfect match. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved getting a pretty new outfit for Easter (and Christmas). They were much dressier than my usual dresses. I used to get a dress, hat, gloves and white maryjanes with fancy socks, too.
    At Christmas I'd get a dress and black patent shoes. No hat. I still HAVE to get a new Easter outfit!
    Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh do I remember!!
    I couldn't wait for Easter Sunday to wear my new dress, my straw hat and my gloves oh and my little purse.
    Thanks for the memories.
    Happy Easter
    Love Claudie
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the gloves! I always played with my grandmothers. I came along right at the end of all that so by the time I was five I didn't get gloves anymore. I ALWAYS got a bag though! hahaha

    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pink gloves! Oh, yes, my mother always made sure I had my little hat and gloves for church every Easter when I was growing up!
    Thanks for the sweet memories.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}