April 30, 2009

Better Blogging Through Beauty...

The ridiculously talented...and, might I add,
"charming" Joy, from CUPID'S CHARMS
is hosting her Beautiful Blogging Party today!
And everyone is supposed to share what it is
they like about blogging...so, away we go.


When I first started blogging, the pictures
were that last thing on my mind...I had no
idea what I was doing so, why worry about
such an inconsequential thing like that! ;)
I was more worried about what I would ever
find to write about...(I know, that's not really
a problem now, huh?!! Yak, yak, yak, yak,yak!)



My previous stints as a photographer
consisted of someone handing me their
camera and saying, " Here, just push that
button". And me saying, "Onnnnne, twoooo,
three!"
Consequently, all my pictures looked like
the ones above...
hazy, unfocused and just plain dorky!
Nothing like all the beautiful blogs I was
finding with pictures that looked like the
could be in a magazine!
Then one day I discovered a little thing that
made my bloggy buttons burst!

THE MACRO SETTING ON THE CAMERA!
And a whole new world was opened to me!
(pardon me while I rhapsodize!)



When I discovered I could get details like
this....



and this...





and this....

I fell in love with photography!
And I went from thinking, " I have to
have a picture to show them what I'm
talking about" to "Ohhh, I have to show
them this picture!".





Every little detail seemed more interesting.





I started noticing everything!






Trees, sky, lint!
Actually capturing the rays of the sun?
Get out of here!





I am usually laying across a piece of
furniture to get just the angle I want!







Or to get just the right un-Photoshopped
"twinkle"!





And discovering a different view...





and even obsessing a bit...I must have taken
20 shots of this ribbon before I had the one
I wanted!





And for some sick reason, I could take pictures
of these little hearts all day long! The way the
light goes in and out of them is really cool!











The ordinary is actually very pretty...






and anything shiny is extra pretty!




The quest for the perfect light (that all the
Scandinavian bloggers have down pat!).






A handsome male model is very helpful!


The sweet, funny and amazingly talented
people I have "met" has been such a treat
and a revelation. The creativity out there
in blogland is unbelievable!
But I had never expected to become a
photography nerd who carries her
camera around in her purse everyday..."just
in case"! And, one day, when this blogging
thing is done, this passion for taking pictures
of saucers full of glitter will endure...and quite
possibly get me institutionalized!

Beautiful Blogging to all!!!

30 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photographs and a wonderful, heartfelt post! I'm glad I stopped by. Be sure to stop in to visit me and say hello! ~Stacy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. YakYakYak haha!

    Your pictures are stunning and i love that you don't photo shop them,i don't photo shop mine either..the sky was really that amazing.
    I am loving the tea cup post so much especially the one with aqua glitter.
    Hope you are well
    Love Kristina XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, My! Your blogging has grown and your photography skills have developed beautifully... one of the great gifts of blogging regularly: the things you learn! You have a delightful blog and I'm glad I found you here today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your photos of tea cups---what a wonderful image! Happy Blogging Party Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just discovered your blog..and shall book mark it in my eyecandy! lovely blog...and lovely pics! funny how the little things just shine in macro! nice to meet you!!!
    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Your blog is wonderful and I am so happy to have found you through the blog party! I am giggling about the photos, I have a lot to learn yet. I see you have a love for teacups, they are so pretty. Nice to have met you.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning!
    I'm having so much fun at your blogging party as I mingle through the crowd.
    Your blog is beautiful and your pictures are gorgeous.
    It's so nice to meet you,
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, your post was very amusing, I love it... the pictures are amazing. You are very talented!! Well, like you love your camera...if I was locked in a room with fabric, sewing machine and glue gun, I'm happy...
    Happy Blogging
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I read your post I thought...I found a fellow soul! Because I too fell in love with my camera's macro setting and, though it, with photography (despite having always taken dorky pictures). It's just a different world in macro.
    c (of leafdays.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pics and if they do lock you up I hope you get to take your camara with you.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally share your passion for the Macro button!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I love and admire your pics. I am still learning, but I do agree it is so fascinating how the light and camera react to everything. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I have to see if MY camera has a Macro button - since my pictures suck sour pickles.

    Is that all-white room reflected in that mirror yours? How peaceful!!! I love it.

    I have to admit that, though I do love your photography, it's the laughter I get when I come here that keeps me coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your photo's of your tea cups~
    Pretty kitty ;) I'll stop by again.
    ~ Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is beautiful! I have to admit that I'm a MACRO fan myself! Isn't it wonderful?! Loved reading your post and glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, I'm new here. Your pictures are just beautiful. I'm afraid I can't say the same for mine LOL but I do try. I enjoyed reading your post. It's amazing how blogging brings out the best in all of us :>)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have lovely teacups. I love your pictures. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, beautiful post. I really enjoyed reading it and looking at the beauty. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful post! Your photos are always so interesting and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. your very attractive post has given me the idea to work with my macro to get better and more interesting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You take great pictures! I just love your blog :) Your kitty is so cute!

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your photographs are so gorgeous. I love the nod to the "unphotoshopped twinkle." This blog party is so wonderful for me because I am finding such treasures and kindred spirits. I am bookmarking your blog before I leave so I can come back and spend more time here. It's been very nice to meet you and I will definitely be stopping back by really soon. Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I totally identify with every word you wrote...especially getting institutionalized....Great pictures
    You look like a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You photos are fantastic! May I ask what kind of camera you use- I have been wanting to get a new one but have no idea how to choose one! THe Macro option is very enticing!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is so nice to meet you! I love your pictures! I'm still a novice and always trying to improve. If it wasn't for my blog, I would never take pictures;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much for the compliment you left on my blog. I am especially delighted because it brought me to "your house" and what a beautiful sight/site it is!!! I think we could be best friends - I adore pink, I'm insane about tea and teacups and I read Jane Austen! :)
    ********************
    I have a collection of about 65 different bone china teacups with matching or nonmatching dessert plates. For the past ten years I have held a mother-dauther tea party every Christmas. My daughter and I started this when she was about 11 and we invited both of our friends and their respective mothers or daughters....not excluding those without mothers or daughters. Anyway it is my biggest event of the year - high tea at it's highest so you can imagine how thrilled I am by your photos. I am so inspired by your work! I have a good camera - Canon Rebelxt - but I don't do it justice. Every year I make my own invitations for my tea party and now I can't wait to get out my jewelry, teacups and some lace and get busy with a photo shoot!
    ************************
    Thanks for sharing your lovely photos! I will be bookmarking your site in my Art Blog folder!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello! Your pictures are great! I love that Macro button too! I wanted to stop by and thank you for participating in the Beautiful Blogging Party!! I hope you enjoyed the event and also enjoyed meetings lots of new bloggers. Have a beautiful week ~ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm not sure how I missed this delightful post. So true! Love my macro lens on my DSLR and the macro setting on my point 'n shoot. I also bought two cheap photo lamps and a light cube. That really opened up possibilities for awesome photos. Such fun! Your photos are gorgeous and I always enjoying checking out your blog. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi!
    I just love your pictures (and your fun blog) but what is a macro setting? maybe my camera doesn't have that button but I would like to know what it is.
    :) Missy

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}