March 11, 2009

Shoulda Morphed On Monday But It's Thursday...


I know! I know! Metamorphosis Monday was
....uh...duh...Monday...only 3 days late, but
who's counting, right? ;)
Well, this is just a mini-morph so, it's not
really worthy of the official day anyway.






Speaking of Christmas!
(Scared you, huh? Really, I am going
somewhere with this...)
I have been trying to find ways to "re-purpose"
some Christmas decorations, not because I
want to bump Paris Hilton out of the running
for the next UN Ambassador of Waste-Not-Want-Not...
nothing even remotely noble. I am just looking
for ways NOT to have to put things away and
then drag them out again in November...
I think I have mentioned before that I hold a
PhD in LAZY!

Bee got me that darling vintage Christmas
card above, very cute in it's white frame...
why should it be shoved in a box for months?






So, using the ridiculous sand covered frame
I made the other day as my inspiration,
I created a spring-esque vignette...





Just a bit of the same paper, slipped over the
card and into the frame and Voila!
Sionara Santa!





I added a small glittery starfish to the
corner because, well...I cannot help
myself!






Phew! Well, that's one thing I don't have
to put away. Now, if I can only turn that
4 foot tinsel tree into a toilet paper holder....

11 comments:

  1. Ha-ha! Now that's a toliet paper holder that I would like to see! Love the presto change o frame. I'm so glad you couldn't help yourself from using that starfishe. ☺ That's one of the things that makes you- you!

    Have a great day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...

    Thank you so much for stopping by my place yesterday...and thank you for your sweet comments! I'm so glad that I'm here...I love, love, LOVE your blog!!! I just spent the last few minutes going through the posts on this page and plan on going through all of your older posts as well! I just added you to my list of "follow blogs"...so very nice to meet you!!!

    I love your vignette...the pretty frames with the soft blue paper...gorgeous! I can't tell ya how many times I've used pretty paper such as scrapbooking paper for wall art...hehe!!! And that teacup...so beautiful! Beautiful photos!!!

    I also love all of the photos from the Bridal magazines...aren't they gorgeous? I saved some of them to my computer for future reference and inspiration!!!

    Please come back for a visit anytime...you're always welcomed!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, if I can only turn that
    4 foot tinsel tree into a toilet paper holder....


    you slay me

    however, I understand. I just bought a TON of ornaments on eBay - as well as a couple feather trees. What I'm going to do with them all when they arrive next week is beyond me. Toilet paper holder, eh? hmmmmmmmmm

    ... and the vignette is quite nice, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty vignette. I really like the frame change over. Thanks for visiting. I need to take some time and check out your blog.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you come up with this stuff?? You should really have your own show - not just on HGTV, but on Comedy Central too!!!! ~Kim
    p.s. still peeing my pants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your vignettes and ideas are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello M
    How have you been ?
    you are so creative... You always have beautiful ideas.

    Have a nice week :)
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love your little vignette. I also love how your changed over the picture frame..Just love the touch of the starfish....I love the picture frames..
    Stephenie

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That stuff is adorable! Sand frame?! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that starfish on the frame!!

    And I can't wait for your tinsel tree to toilet paper holder transformation (grin).

    Happy day! Thanks for being a part of Moms Unite over at Kimbas! Glad to have you!

    blessings,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for visiting me today! After looking through your site I think I will be following it and looking forward to some great inspirational ideas for my home.

    You're vignette is beautiful! Great idea.

    A tinsel tree toilet paper holder would be a great conversation starter if you put it in a powder room (or whatever bathroom visitors use). =)

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}