March 1, 2009

Mr. Bluebird On My Shoulder...

Here I am again...
I think I am getting the hang of this blue thing!

I have always LOVED bluebirds...fat, chirping, bluebirds!
Not that I have ever seen a real one...only in movies,
which may explain why I think that they can actually
smile...
My love of the fat little birds has lead me to collect
many, many, oh for Pete's sake, MANY, bluebird
chotchkies.








Chief among them, Bluebird Chintz aka Lorna Doone.
The Scot in me prefers the name Lorna Doone...china,
named after a cookie...what's not to love? ;)







Just look at that fat little bird!








And who can resist all the vintage bluebird
postcards???? Not me!








I keep this one on display all the time...
even when it's no one's birthday!








Ahhhhhhhhh....that darn Albert! I just love Royal
Albert! I can waste...I mean, spend, waaaaaay too
many hours just browsing through all the patterns
on Ebay...I think there must be a trillion!






Like so many others, this pattern has no
name, so let's just call it Bluebird Delight!
Complete with another fat little bird...and
PINK roses....how can you go wrong??? ;)

Hurry over to SMILING SALLY'S BLOG
for more BLUE MONDAY fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



So, many of you commented on the teacup
holder in Saturday's post, that I just wanted
to let you know that it's available on the
Tender Heart Treasure's website,shown in
the sidebar, for $8.95...
and I'd bet it's available on Ebay too.

28 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. Bluebirds are our friends, LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluebirds are cute and cheerful, aren't they? Think of all the Disney movies they are in. I love that cute little cup and saucer. I'd use that all the time, too. Happy Blue Monday. ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the bluebirds...especially the teacup!Happy Blue Monday

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the blue birds on the tea cup! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those bluebirds,especially the one on that darling teacup. I love having tea in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true....bluebirds really do make you happy. At least they do me. These are all just lovely!
    Elaine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I Love bluebirds as well and those ones you have are just gorgeous. I love the ones that are in Cinderella, helping away with all that housework and sewing a fine dress to boot. I want one of those bluebirds!
    Kiss Noises Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's pretty, happy blue monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've never seen a REAL bluebird? I must live in the right place, as I've seen plenty. Your treasures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lovely blue bird collection. Happy Blue Monday,
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the bluebirds! They are so delicate! Your collection is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love watching the blue birds when they come for a visit. Your collection is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the bluebird teacup set. very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What pretty bluebirds you found :) Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bluebirds are so very sweet.

    Kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like Spring has arrived in the O.C.! Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those bluebirds make me think of spring, especially with all the snow we got here today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that little teacup set. I think I have seen one real bluebird in my life and it was probably 40 years ago at least, in my grandmother's back yard. She had a way of getting birds you never see to come into her yard. Your are doing such a great job with your photos.

    Blue Monday, Pink Saturday. I can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those blue birds. Very cute on the teacup. It does make me think of spring. You know that putting expired spices outside in a bowl attracts birds. I didnt know that, I heard it on Martha Stewart the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely adore bluebirds! You have some very cute bluebird items! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm off to take a look around yours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are beautiful little birds. I can see why you could get hooked. I love the older bird designs on fabric and the sweet little cup and saucer...just precious.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have to say what timing......I never see interesting birds down here in Atlanta, lots of squirrels, not many birds...But today as I steped out the front door to let the dog out I saw a beautiful big fat bluebird fly out of the tree....How random is that...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how I love that little bluebird cup and saucer. Lucky you. . . owning it!

    Blessings,

    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  25. One of my favorite posts EVER!! Gotta love bluebirds!!
    :)
    ~Becca~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ok I am in serious bluebird envy..... they nest here and I just adore them..... when I lived in OC I thought they were mythical creatures..... ; - )
    HUgs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, it looks like I'm just NEVER going to get to bed, reading all your DELIGHTFUL, "other" blog's than today's... (I ADORE the "first" bluebird sooo much!)...THANKS! (It's WORTH sleeping in tomorrow!!!)~~~ Best, Linda in AZ/ RMS's "Mom of a German Shorthair"

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lorna Doone!! One of my favorite patterns...I have a cabinet full of it and I am always looking for more.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}