February 1, 2009

Sweets For The Sweet...Sort Of....

A few posts ago, I gave myself an IDEA
what would a whole candy box full of these..




...look like???


So, I had to try it and see for myself!








I started with the outside and made it very pretty...
just for me!







Tulle, vintage flowers & "love"...








A little ephemera and a glittery starfish...giving a hint
of what's in store....







Voila! It looks prettier than I had even expected!







All those sparkly, pretty shells together in one place!
Yowzaaa!







I love how the shells look in the little candy papers
too!












All in all, I am "pretty" please with it! And I don't even
think I can stand to wait until Valentine's Day to give
it to myself!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today I happened upon Chris and her two blogs
JUST BEACHY
& CK INTERIORS
and all I can say is GIVE THIS GIRL HER OWN SHOW!

She lives in this....






And decorates like this....






So, light and airy with that beach cottage feel.








And she is not just a decorating diva...she gets her
hands dirty! Rips out walls when she wants more
light ( like that intriguing little window above ) rips
up floors, paints anything that can't out run her and
that's all before breakfast! She has absolutely
transformed her home. You can see shots of many of
her make-overs on her sidebar, but take some time to
tour her blog and see the "befores", "afters" &
"inbetweens"! WOW!!

14 comments:

  1. Love the valentine box. So beautiful and elegant. Have a great day. Thanks for sharing!
    Lorri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your candy shells! What a creative idea!!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "gift to yourself", it's very pretty. It will look very nice, laying open to show the contents with the beautiful lid next to it. Have a "sweet" day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check her out, but I have to say that I love the candy box filled with ocean delight. Maybe that's what you'll have to name it. :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous & so romantic. I just love it. Just found you & thought I would stop in for a moment. What a nice place to rest.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how sweet. The perfect gift.
    Love it.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful Valentine's treat! You should submit this to a magazine! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THE BOX IS THE PRETTIEST THING I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. HUGS FROM MAINE

    http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your candy box (shell box). How unique and so glittery and beautiful. You have such great creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This Valentine box is precious!
    Your garden pictures are amazing too...we are all dreaming of spring in blogland...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Valentine box and shells is so beautiful! Truly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the box! It's so very pretty, what a great idea.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day :) I heard from another blogger that there will be a 7th Outlander book coming out this year!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I like your box of goodies more then the store chocolates. Hmm...Where can hubbies buy those. lol!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}