February 3, 2009

The Lap, The Laptop...And The Cat!

I think it's safe to say that whoever invented the
laptop was not a cat person!
Now cats only want to cuddle when it is their
idea...and the idea usually occurs to them just
as you are about to get up to go to the bathroom!
Or...when you break out the laptop!!!





I have never really wished that I had a bigger
lap...but nowadays, it seems I need one!





So, since...thankfully...my lap isn't quite big
enough, I must keep my legs out stretched
while computing!






She is trying to convince me to move the
Jadis (My computer's name) and put the
pink fleecey blankie on my lap for her!
Kinda hard to resist, huh?




Maybe another tactic will work....crowding
it off my lap!




Attacking the touch pad and turning it off by
herself???!






Can mommy really love Jadis more than me???
Naaaaahhhhh!
And for now it's an uneasy truce....Sammy gets to
sleep on my bed all night and Jadis gets to sit on
my lap for an hour each day...they just have to learn
to co-exists...or else I'll have to gain 50 lbs!

(Sorry about the blurriness of the pics... I was
sort of laughing when I was trying to take them!)

10 comments:

  1. Oh I can sooo relate! ☺

    I love tortoiuse shell cats. I've had 4 of them in my life time. Don't have any right now though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that is so funny! I love it! My cat is totally the same way! Oh last night he got up in my lap and sat on my beanie I was trying to knit!!!! I was like hello.....I'm working here! heheh! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel! Your kitty is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I'm at the computer one of the cats is sure to jump on my lap. Then he or she will walk on the keyboard. Not good while you're trying to type.
    Love the cats, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true!
    whoever invented the lap top did not have animals!
    my pups are all over me when i've got my lap top with my on the sofa!
    but your kittie is beautiful!
    love you header of you blog for V-day too!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Of course, they think you are giving way too much attention to the computer and not enough to them. My dogs can't jump up on my lap, but they sure look disgusted with me when I spend too much time on my laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post:) My black cat, Shadow loves to lay right up against the laptop no matter where we are. Sometimes he will lay right on the keyboard..lol!

    Your kitty is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's too funny! I have a doggie that's a lap dog for sure! My lap is too small too, so right now she (Bailey) is laying between my left leg and the arm of the chair while I visit my friends in blogland! So it's not just cats, but little doggies love laps and hate laptops, too! Blessings, Becky G.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I can relate as well. My cats are always all up in my business.
    I just read a very true cat quote. "if you want the best seat in the house...move the cat" -author unknown

    Sooo true!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is SO funny! I can definitely relate.....moreso on the bathroom thing. What is up with that?? Quincy has a funny thing he does. As soon as I head for the bathroom he darts as fast as he can and does almost a cannonball into the bathtub. Lol! He loves drinking from the tub faucet. Hey, I didn't know you suffered from migraines too. You NEVER get used to them do you?

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}