February 27, 2009

Brass & Buttons & Bows....

I know that's not how the song really goes...
I took a bit of literary license :)

I have a bit of a thing for mother of pearl
buttons and I love making jewelry...I have no
idea why I find the act of twisting tiny wires
and wrangling infinitesimal beads relaxing...
but I do.

These are just simple pins tho, no twisting
and wrangling was required....just brass
(pickled) & buttons.





I know they are not very "on trend" or stylish,
but I just like to make the little
arrangements for myself... like little collages





(this is actually 4 pins together...not one scary
monster pin...I just didn't have another picture...
so a bit of imagination is required ;)


Stop over at THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME for
more from SHOW & TELL FRIDAY!

12 comments:

  1. Neat button collection. I like the way you display them by color.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buttons and pins are fab! Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love buttons. When I was little my mom had a button box and I could spend hours going through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your button collection. Yours are so stylish. My mother use to have a wonderful button box that I loved to run my hands through and pretend it was wonderful jewels.
    Thank you for sharing brought back great memories.
    Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful simply beautiful!!!
    You are so talented!! Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very pretty pictures. One button is simple, but many are interesting! I can see how you would find it relaxing to create with them. I have never complained about sewing one on, and I have done that work many times!!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Button, Button, whose got the button? You do and they are fabulous! Great eye candy...

    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pins that you have made. I received my mother-in-law's collection of buttons when she passed away over 26 years ago. Many of them she had removed from old clothing throughout the years. I was very happy to get them and have used them as well as added to them. Thank you for sharing your button collection and pins.

    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pins, china, & kitties! Your blog is gorgeous! Thanks for visiting my Show and Tell!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first visit to your blog, just wanted to drop in and say Hello and thank you for visiting my blog.
    Your button collections is very pretty and very feminine!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you have the buttons displayed--I have a little white dish like that in my pie cupboard that's been waiting for something like that!

    Thanks for stopping by to see me. I'm enjoying looking at your blog☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have some nice things for you to send, if you give me your adress.
    Have i nice day...
    özlem

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}