January 11, 2009

Playing With Splaying....


It all started with these books....
I set them on the table and automatically
splayed them...fanned them out...why?
Why do we do that? And what makes
things look so much better like that????


Spoons....

even the bowls look interesting!



vintage seam binding...







becomes just that much more intriguing...







a pretty stack of paper...looks even
prettier!








rolls of ribbons.......






frames......






splayed and displayed....






sparkly starfish...







(what do ya think of this shot, Muffin??
Cool, huh? :)





Noooooooooooooooo, he wasn't trying to
steal the starfish! Nooooooooooooooooo!





teacups....


even their simple little handles....





little wooden plaques....






pillows...



pins.........



a few little gloves...


you're all surely not sharing my fascination
for this phenomenon, but I was just amazing
myself and my camera with the fabulosity of
"fanning" & the splediferousness of "splaying",
but I am thinking it's just plain pretty!

10 comments:

  1. You are right, they do look better "splayed". Can you imagine the books saying, "Look out, we've been splayed!"? hehe But you're right, I do it automatically every time, and didn't even realize it. I didn't know that it was called that. Now when I do it I'll probably think, "OK, you are splayed!" hehe Your collections are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It DOES looked prettier than stacked. I find myself doing the fanning often as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...so if you
    DON't splay it does that mean you are
    DIS ~ splaying???

    Bwah ha ha ha ha, get it? Displaying! Oh, I kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 'splayed' items, especially the starfish. You know how to rope me into a post, don't you? :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I am a big fan of the "slayed" look! Love the photos M!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was all BEAUTIFUL. Now, can I have everything that you just displayed? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought of painting a silver spoon. Hmmmmm, I am always looking for things to paint.
    Love the photos, will have to look for something to dis-splay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi M :)

    You crack me up. Rich spays everything when he sets up and army booth and he's very serious about it LOL

    Beautiful pictures!
    Sassy Pants Rue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything sure does look nicer "splayed out." Including cards ;) - especially winning hands.

    Blessings,

    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! It's like he's got his own little veil! And that big'ol stretch in the post above!! Get outta town.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}