November 26, 2008

This Thanksgiving...

I know it's not very PC to say...but I think the
PILGRIMS rocked!





If it wasn't for them, there would be no us!!!
And for all their struggle and sacrifice so that
ingrates would some day have the right talk
garbage about them...all those who came before
us and did all the heavy lifting...
I am very THANKFUL (not for the ingrates, though!)


I am not the worlds biggest jingoist but I am
a realist, and if it hadn't been England, then
some other country would have come to the
New World.
Sorry to rant on this festive day, bit I am just
so tired of the ridiculousness each year, not about
any current situation but about the legitimacy
of our birth.
This is great country, founded in the same way
all others were. I am beyond grateful to live here
and THANKFUL BEYOND WORDS!





Ok, I will be good now.....




I hope you are welcomed to a warm and loving
home....







full of beauty....




and bounty....






And cheer!!!
(AND LOTS OF FOOD!!! And bless the
hands that prepared it!!)




And most especially for these guys!!!!!




Talk about those of us who do the heavy lifting!



GOD BLESS each and every one of them this
Thanksgiving!!!!


And their amazing families who will be spending
Thanksgiving without them....

WE ARE SO THANKFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 comments:

  1. So much to be thankful for. This is a beautiful post. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud you for the beautiful post. Bravo and well said!

    Thanks for visiting my little blog and I'll be putting you in my favorites as I really would like to see more of yours.

    God Bless you and have a Happy Thanksgiving! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post :) Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog :) stop anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, great post!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! Politically Correct or not:
    The Pilgrams were ROCK STARS! LOL!
    I'm grateful for for their example of resilience and gratitude in times of turmoil and distress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you. so true! So much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, that was wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving to you!! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post and thanks for stopping by today. Hope you and your family have a nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WONDERFUL post!!!!!! We have a lot of military in our family (including my husband). Those last two pictures put a lump in my throat. Thanks so much for posting them!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMEN! You said it all and you said it right! You rock! :) Happy, happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog and wanted to send you a comment!
    Great post and so very well said! I agree:0)

    Looks like I will be coming back to check in again.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    Stacey~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice pictures. The pics of the soldiers are expecially touching. have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WONDERFUL post!! Someone has to day it!!! Happy Turkey Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did not find anything un-PC in your post but I did find lots of relevant and timely thoughts! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You Couldn't have said it better, God Bless Our Troops!!!!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so truly thankful! Happy Thanksgiving.

    Your blog is gorgeous by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How wonderful, I just said a prayer as the photo of the men showed up with arms on each other saying grace. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good on you! Australia is similar, having "started" from British colonisation, of which I am a decendant.

    Thanks for visiting me earlier!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}