November 3, 2008

A Little Bubbly...

I was de-mercuring some more vintage glass
bulbs this weekend ala Andrea @ VINTAGE BELLA
and Lori @ KATIE'S ROSE COTTAGE

both of whom seem to have a knack for it that
I cannot master...






This time, for the bulb drying, I used the glasses
that are still sitting on my counter from last
Thursday's party (see! beyoooooooooooond lazy!)





I tossed the tiny ones into a champagne glass
and it reminded me of "bubbly" and then my
mind started going... how cute would that be
for a centerpiece? For New Years, or whenever...


So, made a couple tags...



and added a bit of frou-frou...



AND VIOLA!


The glasses should probably be filled at least
half way and the frou-frou more focused, but
this was just a prototype...I think it's kinda
fun!




And this is what happened to my "staging area"
the nano-second after I took the glasses away!!!

13 comments:

  1. LOve the glasses with the bubbles..... very cheerful..... Hey.... you won second place in my giveaway... can you email me your address so I can mail you a fork chandelier..... more sparkles...
    HUgs
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those came out so pretty !! Don't you just love the way they look ~ I have a whole box full that I need to do soon ~
    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo Cute and inspiring! Especially love your kitty pic.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your patriotic blog look! (I am very inept at creating a blog header or making any changes to my background - I am very technologically challenged!)

    I also love your postcards from Sunday. And the silver balls in the glasses are wonderful!!! I bought some old ornaments a few days ago to un-paint. I'll let you know how it goes.

    Love your kitty!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the banner and background!! And the bubblie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi M
    Love all the pictures!!!
    Have a great day
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha, that's funny. Your cat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cat is like mine (well all of them) but Meekie likes to supervise and then of course make herself into the center of attention. "Meekie" stands for Amica (girl friend in Italian).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how beautiful! You have such great ideas with such simple things..and making them all bubbly and glittery. :)

    I love your cat. It's his job, you know? To sit on anything new that is in the area.

    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWWWW how sweet the fur baby is. love it. I also love what you did with the wine glasses, what a great idea for a center piece. Wow when your brain gets going it really gets going..... lol love it..

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ornaments, the idea, and the glasses are gorgeous!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the glasses with the ornaments in them and I know what you mean about cats. They love to get into whatever you are doing.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}