October 15, 2008

A BIT "JARRING"...

So, I think I may have mentioned before
that I am beyond the valley of lazy!
Waaaaaay beyond! I only mention this
because, well, yes, I could use your prayer
on this issue, but, it explains why I had
jars sitting on my kitchen counter for
MONTHS!!!! And, since said jars have
been on my counter for so long, I have
employed them for many uses!! They are
quite versatile! So, when I got the urge
to "un-paint" some old Christmas
bulbs, down to their gorgeous silvery
mercurosity (alaANDREA !)...I set the
bulbs on those jars to dry!
Then...a few days later...as I gazed upon
them, and thought, "Hey, that looks really
cute! How can I add to that look???"
And, last weekend (about a month later :)
I finally got an idea!
CHRISTMAS-Y FUN!
I filled the jars with scary, sharp but
beautiful iridescent glass glitter for a
"snow" effect.
Then I added froo-froo and fripperies...
ribbons, jewels and doo-dads...leaves, tags &
a tiny tree!




I had a lot of other ideas..(.angels and all
other things "Christmas-y") but I was
in a race against the sun to take my
pictures, so I hurried these together...
just think of all the fun you could have!











27 comments:

  1. isnt it funny how inspiration comes from some of most unlikely places.
    cute idea!
    smiles,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely effect! It's like a beautiful gazing ball on top of a miniature winter wonderland! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH...what a clever idea...and they turned out really pretty! I'm gonna have to gather up some "frippery" so I can make some too! Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful idea! I love those! And cute blog! I love it. Can I add you to my blog roll?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "unpainted" bulbs on top of the jars! They are so cute!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I've enjoyed peeking at your blog. Thanks so much for stopping by mine. I'll be back to visit soon!!! :-)
    Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. How could I have been missing all this crafty heaven? Love your blog. I collect motto cups..but ones that say "mother" on them. I adore all the glitter....I love to glitter but have been doing it for Halloween. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally brilliant! Yep, brilliant! You never cease to amaze me with your clever ideas sweetie!
    Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are truly so clever and talented! I love these are I love how inspiring you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for stopping by my blog, what cool ideas you have. It seems we all have some different ideas and we can learn from each other. What a cute gift Idea. Love it
    Katie <><

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely - What a great blog you have. Your ideas are awesome. I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  12. See, laziness can pay off....those jars were just waiting for ideas to bloom. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'm mesmerized by all the sparkly goodness of yours. Lovely. You have officially been added to my google reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too CUTE!!! I love it! I am so copying!!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to get me some glitter! I have all sorts of ideas for Christmas, and almost all of them involve glitter! Those jars are so pretty!

    Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhhh, beautiful idea. i love those silver bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Beyond the valley of lazy!"---heheeh! You have that lovely effect of making my smile...or laugh... :)

    Love ya

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! how good did they turn out! They look really great.

    Lyn xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sometimes laziness pays off! :-) Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how pretty they are. They look very vintage. What a great idea you came up with.

    Hugs
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH MY!
    Every time i get here i am WOWED! you have the most amazing ideas.....how come you don't have your own show? honestly they are to die for.
    Love Kristina XxX

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty...why can't I do stuff like that?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh ! Those are the cutest ideas ever ! I love them !!
    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have the most creative ideas! These are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  25. What do you mean "un-paint" and how do you do it?

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  26. Little trees trapped in glittery beauty! Wow! You have such darling ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}