September 6, 2008

Pink Saturday...can you say Longaberger?

This is a Longaberger basket...nicely made
and yet...YUK...it's brown...um, I just don't
"do" brown.

Thankfully, the fine folks at LONGABERGER
(their corporate headquarters is shaped like
a basket...you can't say that they aren't fun!)
got a clue and started making baskets that
are a bit more to our liking...PINK!!!!!



They are called the Horizon of Hope baskets
and they create a new basket each year for
Breast Cancer Awareness month...which just
happens to coincide with Bee's birthday, so we
get her the new basket every year...makes shopping
easy!
Each basket is woven in pink & white....
They are in smallish, cute shapes!!!

The fabric liners are darling!
And they have adorable "tie-ons"!!


This one is actually a purse! Completely cute!

Longaberger also sells other pink Horizon of
Hope items, check out their website!!

Be sure to stop by and visit Beverly @

HOW SWEET THE SOUND
to see
what everyone else is up to the fine
PINK SATURDAY!!!!

16 comments:

  1. Oh for shame! I've been lusting after a Longaberger basket and now you tell me they actually make pink ones. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very pretty. I have always loved their baskets and don't even have a one! Great birthday idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi~ Great baskets and I loved your show & tell Friday post!

    Have a great weekend, J. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute~o~rama! I heart me a good basket. I am loving your blog....delightful!

    Smiles ~ Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH those are so pretty! I just love baskets :)

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! The purse on is especially adorable.
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Their headquarters are shaped like a basket?! Lol! That is awesome and good advertising. I love what you did taking a beautiful basket and making it even more lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness! How freakin' cute are those pink baskets? I would totally put my tatting in that basket purse! Aren't Longaberger baskets supposed to be "the BEST" baskets ever made? THat's the rumor! Hmmmm...maybe I will have to get me one now that I know they make them in PINK! I'm so glad you made this post! They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are cute baskets. Have a great week~
    Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! There are many pretty things to buy that are made PINK for the breast cancer fund. That is how I got my PINK umbrella for the patio. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well now that is the way baskets should look......love them ...Did you paint your brown basket ? I have a few of those baskets and I just hide them away because I can't endure the brown..... I guess when no one is looking I could paint them and make a cute liner like your sisters....hmmmm
    HUgs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen their basket shaped building, pretty cool!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Great pink baskets!!

    Happy Pink Saturday!!

    Besitos from Argentina!
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pink baskets. I have only one right now. But how I would love that whole collection.
    I guess I can add it to my wish list.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey M, These baskets are precious! I love 'em!
    xoxo,
    Queenie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually used to sell Longaberger baskets in about 1980! They were DARK brown back then...I still have a few around here...I'm tempted to give the old things a nice coat of paint....why not?? :-)

    Love these pink ones. Darn, I sure wish they'd had them back in the old days.

    Blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}