August 27, 2008

Inspired By....

I don't know about the rest of you, but
I see the most amazing things on your blogs
in magazines, etc. and get very inspired to
try my hand at some new things!!! So, from
time to time I will be presenting "INSPIRED
BY" to give credit where credit is due!!!
For my first installment I bring you the shell
encrusted bird house, inspired by a post from
CINDY'S ROMANTIC HOME, where she
showed a picture of this amazing, shell
covered birdhouse/work of art that she
was admiring...bit I think it was rather pricey!
(Sorry, I couldn't find the exact post, darn it!)
Well, not only do I not like to spend "real" money
on something like that...I also enjoy the challenge
when I know I can make it myself!

I had this bird house for quite a while....
then I finally painted it...but that was it....
until I was INSPIRED BY Cindy's post and
I thought "A-ha"!!!


It was actually kind of fun figuring out which shell
needed to go where... of course, I had to add some
other pearly, shiny, rhinestoney things too!
It turned out, ok, if I do say so myself and now
I want to make more!!! But when I do I will be sure
to have many more shells on hand...for this one
I just used what I had at home, also much more
pre-planning & detail. I just get a bit impatient when
I am inspired and have to create...right then & there!!!

THX FOR THE INSPIRATION!!!!

Hurry over to KIMBA'S for more
DIY Thursday!!

20 comments:

  1. Oh I love love love your birdhouse, so sparkly and white and just beautiful. What a great idea to have an inspired by segment! I love your blog banner too and I see your little birdhouse there as well.
    Have a magical day, Kiss Noises Linda Lilly Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out great! I saw that post. She saw the birdhouse at a shop she went to. I thought about making one too but I have way to many projects I'm working on now. I have so many things to do that I'm not getting anything done. I decided to finsih working on my pink office redo first.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, and it turned out beautifully sweetie! Wishing you a lovely day M!
    Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this! Super Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful! I love the pattern of the shells. I love the idea of an "inspired by" post too, I find so many inspirations on blogs. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very, pretty! I like your new banner too.

    ~ hearts~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute is that!?! Wow!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bird house's new look! It is very delicate & so much fun! It makes me wish that summer wasn't coming to an end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should definately make more - it is just so pretty (I want one!)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog from Katie's Rose Cottage list of favorites. Beautiful blog design and lovely things you made with the shells.
    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your birdhouse is simply sweet! What a beautiful blog.
    XOXO
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you did with the birdhouse! The shells look fabulous on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! I've been wanting to make one too! I turned out great! I'm always happy when someone finds something inspiring on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so pretty! You have such a great gift!

    Love the jewel box pins and magnet in a previosu post too!

    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! Stopping over from Kimba's. Oh my word - that is just the sweetest little bird house! Love your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like a beachy candy house make of shells! Maybe a beachy witch lives inside who eats seagull stew every night for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a wonderful job! The shells just make it. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a magical look you gave to your bird house. Looks like something a sea fairy would live in.

    Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bird house. The shells gives it such a beachy feel.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a beautiful little birdie house that is! Can I live in there? hee hee. I adore shells. It turned out fabulous.

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}