July 17, 2008

Sky Watch Friday & Nancy's Garden....

The weather has been really hot, dreary, humid
& gross, with the ugly skies that go with it. But last
weekend I managed to catch a sky with a bit of
interest.
My dad had a name for these kind of clouds...something
about a plow...but I cannot, for the life of me remember it.

Danger on the horizon!!!!! These were the ones
that brought the rain on Saturday night...the lightning
& flash flood warnings!!!! Woooooooooooooooooooo....
But a nice & colorful sunset crept over the hills...

And a clear, moonlit night followed.


Be sure to check in @
Tom's Sky Watch Friday blog

to find out who else is posting their beautiful shots!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My friend, Nancy knocked our her dining room
window and put in a french door....


So, the side of her house which had always
been hidden away in the shadows, is now on
display and she has turned it into the prettiest
little patch of heaven...
with roses, humming bird wars, a fountain...
everything you'd need for your own personal
oasis!

But, the best part of her yard for me, has always
been her little doggie, Sam. He looks like he should
be a character in a book!!! I just think he is the cutest
dog I have ever seen!!!

10 comments:

  1. Omg ~ what a cute dog!!!! I want one of him. :) Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs ~
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightfully cute little spit of a dog he is! I love small garden spaces...so cozy. (Prefer cozy to big spaces myself.) And that first photo eerily reminds me of the "popcorn" ceiling they just took down off my master bath ceiling!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. THank you for all these pictures.. love the edges of your Sky Watch shots... glad you got the link right..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great entry for SWF! Mine's up too hope you can drop by... Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would prefer to go to each one of you and leave a personal comment, but unfortunately or perhaps not, each week there are more of us participating. People of every corner of the world joined in a unique will – to see and share sky watch.
    So, this week in order to leave a comment in the most blogs, I had to write a single message to all of you.
    One thing I must say: I did really see your skies and enjoyed them all.
    See you next week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little doggie is a cutie!

    I have an award for you. Please come by my blog and pick it up.
    Love your blog! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice design blog love your skies.


    The Team thanks you for posting at SW and helping to make this new venture a success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful garden! But oh that Sam. I could just smooch him silly!
    I ove small gardens, small houses...
    Yes, I have small but I wanted small! I LOVE small.
    Thank youf or sharing this with us
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your clouds pictures. I'm a cloud-watcher, too. Your friend's little garden area is so nice. I would love to put french doors in one wall of our bedroom and have a little 'secret garden' outside. I don't think that will happen soon!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving your sweet comments. It would be nice if you lived close enough to stop by and enjoy my patio umbrella lights and a good visit!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}