July 14, 2008

Possibly only a venial sin?

Yipee! The old Blogger beast has decided to be nice
today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I was looking at the last issue of Romantic
Homes (not the new one...I'm forever a day late
and a dollar short...and don't usually have the
"current"issue when it's still "current"...oh well.)
Anyway, I noticed this table that had been
painted white...very cute & somehow familiar!
(I'm not sure if it's a venial sin or an actual felony
to use that picture???)

Ah-ha! The Peanut table!!!! I have a very
similar table!!! My sister bought it from our
old boss who had inherited it from his great
aunt, and being the clever little things that we
are...a-hem... and since it's shaped like a peanut,
it has always been called "The Peanut Table"...
(no, no, don't be intimidated...it takes many years
of training and a bit of wine to be this witty...
or to think you are witty ;}



But I digress, Bee is still not so sure that she wants
the table to be painted white...she has issues that
we don't discuss in public...so, I had to take matters
into my own hands! To lighten it up, I cut out a piece
of really cute wrapping paper in shades of pink (how
shocking!) and ivory. (The paper actually says
"Happy Birthday" on it in very small script...but no
one I know can see stuff that small anymore, so what
the heck!). No, it's not the shabbiest of shabby chic-ness,
but it works for now and I really like the combination of
the dark & light !!!
And this is just an example of how I have trained me angel,
Sammy, to pose in the best possible light and setting, to
help mommy take pretty pictures! :)

Have a great day!!

6 comments:

  1. I love the peanut table! I have never seen one like that! And how clever to use wrapping paper, I love it!

    What a cute picture of your precious baby too!!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thats an unusual table, I like it! Great pic of the catty too!
    Thanks for dropping by!
    Xcherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How unusual is that! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Gosh ~what a wonderful table ! And kitten :)
    crystal :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous table but I think I have to agree with sis on this one and not paint it white. Did I miss you for Pink Saturday. I am so sorry if I did. I'll comment now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, it IS the same table! I love it. In this case I would have to say it WOULD be a sin to paint it. The finish is gorgeous, and the inlay.
    Don't get me wrong, I've painted my fair share of antiques. But this one is much too grand!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}