June 4, 2008

RED??????

Yep! We love it! After all, it must be the mother
of pink, right?
So, we are coming to Sara at SadieOlive 's week long "RED"
party a bit late, but...better late than never,
as they say.

As most of you already know, we have a small
obsession with chintz, so when we have a big
tea party and need to have a lot of place settings
we break out the RED...in the form of a red chintz
pattern called "Summertime"
and another pattern that literally has no name.
And the perfect compliment to these patterns
is King's Crown (Ruby Flash) stemware. Our
great grandmother always used these ruby red
goblets when we were little, so we slowly collected
our own sets...with a little help from Ebay!!
All of these pieces together make such a cheerful and nostalgic
combination...even in a "cottage" home!

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all of your beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the top teaset, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The glasses I like to use around the holidays. They glow so well in a room full of twinkle lights. :)

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red, red, red, and every bit of it is gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooh, you have such pretty reds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I love that you all started your own ruby goblet collections because of your great grandmother's collection... That is so sweet...Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love red!!! I really like that "pattern with no name"!!
    Bless...
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello M
    Beautiful teacups and teapots!!!
    Hugs
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh, lovely teacups, plates, etc... and you have so many! :)

    Hugs

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty love all of the pretty dishes and the Ruby red is so elegant too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey I used to live in OC!! Thanks for visiting my blog. Love your reds!

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm rendered speechless by that those beautiful pieces! I'm headed to Ebay!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I bet they look lovely all set up on a table; they look nice just in the hutch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the ruby red goblets!I'll have to check out ebay. Thanks for your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the chintz. I have the summertime pattern.
    It was given to me by my mother, after she received it from a friend of hers. I have the square plate.

    Pretty in red.

    Ciao
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love your red stuff! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}