May 29, 2008

Laundry Room?

Yes, this pink & white striped room is Bee's
laundry room! Unfortunately, these pictures
are quite lacking...there is no natural light to
be had and in the tiny space, a flash is waaaay
overkill. So, the pictures are mere representations,
but I think you can get the gist.

A couple of little creations to tie in the colors and
be "girlie" at the same time. A framed bit of "Dena"
fabric (LOVE HER!) and a "Julia" chintz dress.

A cheap Big Lots "memory" board was recovered
(re-made, actually!) with the same Dena fabric and
repurposed into a "Sunglasses board" (a pair for
every outfit! :0 ) And yes, the dogs do really have
pink leashes, etc. It's all about the pink with Bee!

The first sight you see when coming in from the garage
...one can only dream!

A charming little tea themed, Mary Kay Crowley print
and a matching chintz saucer!

A few of Bee's Longaberger "Horizon of Hope" baskets,
they are not only small and cute...but pink too boot!



Cute little counter details to make this laundry room
a fun place to "fluff n' fold"!

The hamper wasn't quite right, so it had to be repainted
and new laundry bags sewn from appropriately pink
fabrics!
It all comes together to make Bee's laundry room an
unexpectedly fun and Downey fresh experience!!

17 comments:

  1. I wish I had thought of that with my hamper!! The bags broke and I threw it away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! I don't have a laundry room because I live in an apartment, but if I did, I'd love it to be as beautiful as yours!

    Michele
    luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That laundry sorter just makes me smile. It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great, creative place to do the laundry! I love that laundry cart. I think I'll make new bags for mine. I'm forever fighting the mesh bags that came with it. New bags in a fun print - with ties - will solve my problem and be much more fun! ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that would even make me want to do laundry. haha.
    so so cute.
    oxoxo,
    jessi

    ReplyDelete
  6. That laundry room is just darling. I am a sucker for a pretty laundry room. Mine is very small and it's the first room when you walk in from the garage, but I still need to spruce it up a bit.

    I love the sunglasses board. My dh is always on me because I have so many pairs, but I never know where to store them.

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. The laundry room is next on my list for painting/sprucing up. I am fortunate -- it is a nice size room, upstairs, right outside the bedrooms. It needs some pizazz though considering how much time I spend in there......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what an eyeball full. It has so many things to see. I like the idea on the memory board and the sunglasses and leashes. It's an uplifting place in a endless chore room.

    Ciao
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love the laundry room!! All the details are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi M :)
    Thank -you for stopping by and leaving your kind comments about my home.
    Your blog is just beautiful, I feel like I just walked into a candy shop, everything looks good enought to eat, also I just Tagged you hope you can come and play.

    Hugs
    Kirstie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is a laundry room that would be fun to do laundry in! So shabby cottage!!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a happy/pretty place to do laundry!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my .... a pink girl's fantasy cottage...LOVE IT ALL!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog...I would love to go to OC....I used to live in a town with those intials.

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a laundry room that only dreams are made of, too bad I do my laundry in the garage, I only dream about cans of oil and car parts. Well thanks for sharing, maybe I can doll my "laundry area" up a little after the inspiration you provided.

    Love to you & thanks for the tag,,,,

    Debbie Kay

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this pretty, pink laundry room!! Laundry might actually be enjoyable in here...!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi M :)

    Bee's laundryroom is darling!! I love all the pink :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the most wonderful laundry room I have ever seen! And your photographs are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}