May 8, 2008

I love the smell of Mod Podge in the morning....

I don't just buy things...sometimes I actually get crafty
(or "being a Muffy", as my sisters an I call it) and create
things with my very own two hands!

I'm not really sure why I started decoupaging...probably because
the "Victorians" did it, and I used to be quite obsessed with all
things Victorian!
I cut up every magazine I had...until my nephew stared working
at Kinko's...then he'd have to go to work with pages of
"foofy chick stuff" to copy for me!
I made my own designs incorporating our beloved CHINTZ
because I could never get enough of it...and something about
the glass magnifies every image and makes it even prettier!
When I see a pretty piece of tissue paper I always think of how
it would look glued to the back of a glass plate!
I haven't made any in a while...maybe I will start again....I have
enough tissue paper to make place settings for 12!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. M,
    This is such a cool idea. I never thought of decoupage on plates. I guess I am wayyyyy behind the times. I love the way the beading looks on the plate.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog with your first name entry for the poodle.

    I really enjoy visiting your blog.

    Hugs!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post of your plates, when you see your past art projects posted it really gets you thinking about doing more huh? I felt that way after seeing my birdhouses I make...I haven't made them for a while so I am back in the saddle again!
    Thanks for the post, I love your blog!
    Hugs, Donna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very beautiful!!!
    Thanx for stoping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love all the feminie pink and white on yours...so many pretty sights to enjoy.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello M

    You did a great job!!!!
    I love those plates.

    Have a wonderful day!
    xoxo
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea, M!! I've never tried decoupaging on glass plates.. I'm thinking that experience might be in my 'not too distant' future!... Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just lovely. What a clever concept. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. M,

    Very very cool. I love the plates, you are very creative.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, I like to visit yours too.

    Debbie Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have so enjoyed reading through your blog :) It is amazing that you only found out about blogland not even two months ago and look how far you have come :)
    I have enjoyed all the pretty pictures too and your sister's garden is gorgeous, so is your decoupage work, love it! Keep on bloggin'

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}