April 29, 2008

What I did this weekend by M....Part Deux & an Award

Since I recovered one chair, I thought I may as well make it 2...and this time I got to use my bark cloth!!
This little chair in my room is darling, but the fabric is a bit LOUD! I have always had "something" (that is code for laundry) covering it, so I never minded...but since I'm in sprucing mode, I just went for it.

Lining up the stripes was not my favorite part, but it was worth it! I love how it turned out...but where am I going to put my laundry? I got a bit carried away with the stage setting...I had just watched Persuasion and I was really feeling the Jane Austen vibe.

The feather pen went right back up on the shelf since the newest addition to my family could not be trusted with it...more on his highness, later.


Holy Cow! Joanne @ http://cottageinthemaking.blogspot.com gave me an award!!
I am truly grateful and amazed! Thank you so much!
(When I figure out the technical side of it, I will pass it along.)


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, love the pink! New cat and things on furniture are a very bad mix I hear!
    I too got an award, I too don't know what to do with it, the tech stuff is so foreign to me, I have to figure it out though or will forever feel like an idiot!!! HELP, SOMEONE, ANYONE, HELP...
    Hope that will help us both somehow!:) Donna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chair, fantastic job! Can't wait to hear the story of the new royalty! If I tied that pen on the ceiling, my monsters would still find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that chair.... what GREAT legs is has.... and the softer fabric is just perfect....
    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear M,
    I would have more than M'd you, but I don't know your name, lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment on my inspiration board. I wanted to come and see who you are, so I read your posts. You are so hilarious, I loved the line where you say you have to "Get carbed up" so you can do your chair remodel. But the best has got to be and I copied and pasted here ("and when I saw that it was really, truly "Shabby Chic"...well, that sold it! I know that sounds snobby...but if I was really a snob, I'd never be at Big Lots early on a Saturday morning wearing no makeup and glasses that are missing one of the nose thingies!)Looooooove it. That's me, too. ROFLOL I'll be back...
    Theresa @ Cottage Violets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you sweetly for your visit tonite :)
    Love the chair too!
    Jo-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, LOVE what you did with the chair, it looks fabulous! I am redoing my daughter's bedroom right now and that chair would suit the room perfectly! Hope you're having a lovely week sweetie!
    Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - you are my kind of people! LOL I absolutely LOVE your sense of humor (i.e. "something" being code for laundry)... I've always thought we should really come clean and post photos of our homes as they REALLY look sometimes... Because my house, like life itself, is not always neat and tidy! The little staged photos just don't tell the whole story! There's many times things need to be put away, tidied up, laundry to be folded, mail on the table to be sorted, dishes and glasses that were left around for me to bring to the kitchen LOL! And I'll crop the heck out of some photos so the 'behind the scenes' real life living that's going on doesn't show! LOL Great post - and LOVE your new little baby!!!...Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that exact barkcloth that I purchased and will make slipcovers for my settee.
    youve inspired me to get going on it!
    hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}