April 15, 2008

We shall "sit on it"...

We loved Janet @ Shabbyfufu's suggestion to show your favorite chairs, so we thought we join in!
This is my sister's fave....it was a steal, then she painted and recovered it with baby pink toile! It's so gorgeous (Oreo, the Blog Dog, likes it too!). I'm not sure that this picture really does it justice.
Somewhere under all that is a wing back chair covered in a tealish classic flame pattern...uh, that's why it's covered! (It, and it's mate, have belonged to several people before me, the last being my sister, obviously this was before she saw the light!). I chose the lazy girls way to "re-upholster" ie: putting a quilt over it!! This quilt was cheaper than a slip cover too!
Funny how chairs can reveal their owners...my sister is more "fee-fee", I am more slouchy! :)

Nighty-nite,
M.

7 comments:

  1. Hello M
    I love your chair, the little with table, the roses...everything!!!
    What a wonderful cottage you have!!!!(Thanks for adding me in your favorite blogs, I also added you in my list of wonderful blogs to visit)
    Hugs,
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chair covers are so pretty ! of course Oreo makes them look even cuter :o)
    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's nice to meet you. I see you have a chair fetish like me. I love to give an old chair a fresh new look. You have done great with yours. Love that first chair. It's adorable.

    Hugs,
    LeAnn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!

    Thank you for visiting my blog. Mine is fairly new like yours, but I can already tell that I'm going to be visiting yours often. I too have a shabby sister...lol.

    In fact, I'd love to add you to my sidebar as a blog to visit.

    Love the chairs!!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chair. I would love to sit and read in that chair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my aprons on my blogspot. You are so kind and I appreciate your encouraging words.

    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this post! I have a bit of a chair "fetish" I guess you could say, lol! I LOVE chairs! I have a chair in every corner of my house, just to hold pretties!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}